American Canyon Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
over three decades of legal experience
Over $100M Recovered for our clients
Extensive Jury Trial Experience
Fighting for the Compensation that you Are Entitled To in American CanyonFor over 30 years, our experienced personal injury lawyers in American Canyon have been protecting the rights of individuals throughout the State of California. Our goal is simple: To give injury victims a brighter future by securing the compensation they deserve. Call us at (415) 442-4646 to schedule your free consultation today.
It’s true that motorcycles can be dangerous, but it’s not because motorcyclists are inherently bad drivers. It’s because bikes aren’t as visible as other vehicles on the road, and reckless drivers are everywhere. Regardless, motorcyclists are often treated unfairly by insurance companies and individuals. This is especially unfortunate when considering the fact that motorcycle accidents are more likely to result in catastrophic injuries than other types of wrecks, and these injury victims often benefit from all the help they can get. At Delfino, Green & Green, we know that motorcycles can offer a safe, scenic mode of transportation. We also know the obstacles that many motorcyclists face in the aftermath of an accident, thanks in part to our lead trial attorney William Green, a longtime motorcycle enthusiast. Keep reading to learn how we can help you get compensation for your injuries and why pursuing it’s so important. It doesn’t matter who you are or what you were driving—if you were injured in an accident caused by someone else’s recklessness, you deserve compensation. Contact Delfino, Green & Green to get started on your case.
Contact A Motorcycle Accident AttorneyContact us online or feel free to call us today at 415-442-4646 to schedule a free consultation with one of our knowledgeable motorcycle accident attorneys in American Canyon.
Motorcycle Accidents in American Canyon: Why Do They Happen?If you live in American Canyon, you know that the streets here are congested, especially at rush hour. With the hilly landscape obscuring the horizon and a sea of cars vying for space, it’s essential for drivers to pay attention, obey traffic laws and check their mirrors frequently. Unfortunately, not all drivers are so diligent. Many motorcycle accidents are caused by inattentive, distracted or negligent drivers. Another factor to consider is the fact that motorcyclists have a reduced profile, which means that drivers don’t always see them at a glance. With an abrupt or careless move, they can cause catastrophic injuries to motorcyclists, including permanent disability and even death. Make no mistake—motorcyclists are at a higher risk for serious injuries than other drivers. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), more than 80% of reported motorcycle crashes result in injury or death. However, that doesn’t mean that all motorcyclists are irresponsible drivers; it simply means that they’re more vulnerable.
Steps to Take After a Motorcycle AccidentIn the moments after a motorcycle crash, it’s not uncommon to be confused, shocked and severely injured. It’s critical for accident victims to consider the following actions:
- Move to safety. Many collisions leave motorcyclists in the road. If you were in an accident, the first thing you should do is move away from traffic.
- Keep protective gear on. When you’re in a wreck, your body floods with adrenaline, which dulls your pain. Even if you think you’re ok, it’s important to leave protective gear on until the ambulance arrives so that you don’t further injure yourself.
- Call 911. After you’re safely out of the street, call 911 if possible. If not, wait for someone to stop and ask them to make the call.
- Gather evidence. If you haven’t suffered severe injuries and have a working phone with a camera, take pictures of everything you can: your motorcycle, their car, their license plate, their insurance card, your injuries, etc.
- Seek medical care. Even if you’re pretty sure you’re ok, it’s a good idea to go to the emergency room for a complete checkup. Make sure to keep the doctor’s report for documentation.
- Call a personal injury lawyer. After you give yourself some time to recover, you may want to consider contacting a personal injury lawyer to review your case. They may be able to secure compensation for your injuries.
- Get a copy of the police report. Ask the police for a copy of your accident report. It will be an essential piece of evidence should you pursue a case.
Why Hire a American Canyon Motorcycle Accident Attorney?After a serious motorcycle accident, starting a personal injury lawsuit is probably the last thing on your mind. But here’s what you need to understand: Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may suffer financial losses far into the future. Suing the person who caused your accident isn’t about punishing them—it’s about receiving the compensation you need to get the treatment you deserve.
Damages to Include in Your Accident SettlementMotorcycle accident victims don’t just suffer physical injuries; they can suffer financially, emotionally and psychologically as well. When you’re calculating your settlement amount, make sure to consider the following damages:
- Medical bills
- Future treatment costs
- Lost wage
- Loss of earning capability
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
Delfino, Green & Green: Premier American Canyon Personal Injury AttorneysMotorcycles wouldn’t be as dangerous if the road were full of courteous, responsible drivers. Unfortunately, distracted driving, alcohol consumption and speeding are just some of the many ways in which drivers’ negligence leads to motorcycle wrecks. If you were severely injured in a motorcycle wreck caused by someone else, or if you lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, you deserve compensation from the responsible party. When you’re looking for a motorcycle attorney, American Canyon firm Delfino, Green & Green has your back. As the city’s premier personal injury firm, we know everything there is to know about these accidents, including the most effective way to handle your case. And the best part? We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning we don’t get paid until you do.
Don't wait to get started on your case
If you or someone you love has been injured, had your rights as an employee violated, or had your valid disability claim denied, please contact Delfino Green & Green. Call one of our San Francisco ERISA lawyers at (415) 466-8544 or contact us online to learn more about how we can help you today.Contact us now
Request Your Free Consultation Now
Get the firm legal guidance you need with Delfino Green & Green