San Francisco Personal Injury Lawyers
Providing You with Proficient & Personalized RepresentationHave you been involved in an accident caused by negligence and has left you injured? If someone else was responsible for your injuries and you want to hold them legally and financially responsible, our San Francisco personal injury attorneys at Delfino Green & Green can help. In the 30 years we have been in practice, we have successfully recovered tens of millions of dollars for our clients. We are truly dedicated to providing compassionate representation and helping our clients recover compensation.
Contact our firm today at 415-442-4646 to schedule a free case consultation.contact us now
California Personal Injury Statute Of LimitationsAccording to the California Code of Civil Procedure section 335.1, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases in California is two years. This means you have two years to file a personal injury claim or you will not be able to file your claim, losing your legal right to pursue compensation. While there are ways to extend the statute of limitations, the party filing must meet specific requirements set out by the state of California. For example if an injury victim is under the age of eighteen the two-year clock does not begin until their eighteenth birthday. There are also circumstances that can shorten the statute of limitations such as if your claim is against a California government agency. In these circumstances and individual have only six months. Have questions? A personal injury attorney in San Francisco from our firm can let you know how the statute of limitations can affect your case. Don’t wait to file our claim! Contact us today to get started.
Damages You Can Recover in a Personal Injury Case in San FranciscoDamages is a legal term used to describe what injury victims can recover compensation for in a personal injury case. Generally, there are three types of damages, economic, non-economic, and punitive damages. The first two damages, also commonly called as general and special damages, are known as “compensatory damages.” This means that economic and non-economic damages are the damages responsible for compensating the injured party for as many losses as possible. These losses can include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages due to the inability to work
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
Common Cases We HandleAt Delfino Green & Green, we take negligent and reckless behavior very seriously. Over the years, we have seen the ways in which irresponsible people have caused devastating accidents and injuries. Our legal team has extensive experience representing all types of injury claims and can work with you to determine the best course of action for your case.
We handle the following cases and more:
- Car Accidents A single car accident is enough to change someone’s life forever. If you have suffered injuries in a car accident, please learn more about how our personal injury attorneys in San Francisco can help you by reading our car accident page today.
- Truck Accidents Because of their large size and considerable weight, trucks are capable of causing catastrophic damage in the event of an accident. If you have suffered injuries, our firm has the skills and knowledge to investigate your claim and fight for you. Learn more today.
- Motorcycle Accidents While a fun and convenient means of transportation, motorcycles lack the protection that cars offer. This means that in the event of an accident motorcyclists are far more vulnerable. If you have been injured at the hands of a negligent driver, learn how we can help you today!
- Defective Products All too often companies put dangerous products on the market, either out of negligence or in an attempt to help their bottom line. If you have been injured by a defective product, contact us today! We are ready to fight for the justice and compensation you deserve.
- Nursing Home Abuse When we entrust a home to take care of our loved ones we expect them to be in good hands. If your loved one has not been taken care of, read about your options to file a claim and how our team can help you on our nursing home abuse page.
- Wrongful Death Losing a loved one is never easy, losing a loved one because of someone else’s negligence can be devastating. If you have lost a loved one, learn more about your options, and how our team can help you and your family today.
- Bicycle Accidents While motorists are required to follow certain rules on the road to ensure the safety of cyclists, these rules are all too often ignored. If you have been injured in an accident at the hands of a negligent driver, learn how our firm can help you today.
- Brain & Head Injury A brain injury is one of the most severe injuries a person can suffer from. The recovery time can be quite long, and the toll is can take on your life can be overwhelming. If you have suffered a head injury learn how our team can help you by reading our brain and head injury page today.
- Burn Injury Burns are terrible injuries that can be sustained from numerous accidents. If you or a loved one has been injured, our firm can fight to hold the at-fault party responsible while you focus on the most important thing, recovering from your injuries.
- Bus Accidents Public transportation is a service many people take advantage of, and one most people expect to be safe to use. If you have been injured in a bus accident, our personal injury attorneys in San Franciscoare ready to help you. Learn more about how we can help you by reading our bus accidents page today.
- Pedestrian Injury Pedestrians may have the right of way, but that doesn’t mean that motorists are looking out for them. If you have been injured by a negligent driver, our firm is ready to help you! Learn more about your rights and options today but reading our pedestrian injury page.
- Spinal Cord Injury Spinal cord injuries are capable of changing a person’s life forever. Often very severe, those who have suffered an injury to their spinal cord deserve justice and an adequate compensation amount to recover and adjust to their post-injury life. Learn more about how our personal injury lawyer in San Francisco will fight for you on our page.
Should I Hire an Attorney for My Personal Injury Case?The legal team at Delfino Green & Green are ready to fight on your behalf as true advocates on your side. Committed to working for your best interest every step of the way, our experienced team will fight for the maximum amount of compensation you deserve. Insurance companies, despite what they may say in their commercials, are almost never looking out for your best interest. Instead they primarily interested in what will save them the most amount of time or money. Learn more about how we can help you today.
Schedule a Free Initial ConsultationOur San Francisco personal injury lawyers work efficiently to investigate your case, review the information about your accident, and build a strong case strategy to help hold the responsible party accountable. When you turn to our firm for representation, you can rely on us to provide you with the guidance and care you need and deserve. We know that this can be a trying time for you and your family and want to help you secure the maximum amount of compensation possible.
Let Us Help
Please call our firm today at 415-442-4646 to speak with a caring San Francisco personal injury attorney. Initial consultations are free.contact us now
Verdicts & Settlements
We've recovered millions for our clients
$10,000,000Bad Faith Insurance Claim
Insurance Coverage/Bad Faith Bad Faith – Pollution Coverage Prior to forming his own firm, Mr. Green worked at one of the largest and most prestigious firms in the U.S. He was the primary attorney on an environmental insurance case that went to trial in San Francisco. After a several week trial, Mr. Green came away with a trial verdict against the insurers with a value of over $10,000,000 in available insurance coverage.
Disability – Neurological Issues Our client became disabled from neurological issues. Our attorneys were able to work with the client and his physicians to quickly assemble all of the documentation necessary to support out client’s claim of total disability. The insurer agreed that our client was totally disabled and paid his claim.
$2,000,000Traumatic Brain Injury
Traumatic Brain Injury to Child A three year old child was being carried across the street when she was struck by an oncoming car. The child suffered a serious traumatic brain injury when she hit the ground. Her injuries were so serious she had to be hospitalized for several months. Our firm negotiated a settlement of $2,000,000 by forcing the payment of all of the available insurance from the driver’s automobile insurer ($1,250,000), the entire amount of the homeowners insurance limits available ($500,000), and all of the amounts that the person carrying the little girl was able to recover from the negligent driver ($250,000). We then arranged for another firm to prepare and fund a large Special Needs Trust for the health and welfare of the injured child.
$1,800,000Heart Condition Disability
Our client became disabled by a heart attack. The insurer refused to pay, claiming that our client was still able to perform his occupation. We met with all of our client’s doctors, obtained reports confirming the client’s inability to perform his prior occupation, and ultimately convinced the insurance company to pay the claim in full.
A contractor suffered a severe collapse at one of his sites. The claim was submitted to the insurer and denied. Mr. Green reviewed all of the facts, researched the law, and brought together the necessary experts to prove that the Contractor’s Builders Risk insurer was responsible for a substantial portion of the loss. He also proved that a subcontractor was negligent and the subcontractor’s insurer also paid a substantial settlement. In total, Mr. Green was able to obtain more than $1,700,000 in compensation for his client.
$1,000,000Heart Condition Disability
Our client had worked for the government for many years when she began suffering from a serious heart condition. All of her doctors told her that she could no longer work and if she continued to do so, she would be risking further injury to her heart or even death. Based on thi
$1,000,000Traumatic Brain Injury
Our client suffered a mild Traumatic Brain Injury when heavy object struck her in the head. The responsible party denied all fault and insisted until the very end that our client had not suffered a brain injury and offered nothing to settle the case. Our firm assembled a team of world renowned expert‘s to demonstrate that our client had suffered a mild Traumatic brain injury. The case settled shortly before trial.
$985,000Traumatic Hand Injury
Our client was working at a manufacturing plant. While operating a piece of machinery, his glove became caught in the machinery and part of his hand was severely injured. Ordinarily, this type of injury would be restricted to remedies available through Worker’s Compensation. However, through the knowledge, ingenuity, and creativity of our team of attorneys, we were also able to obtain a very substantial civil settlement for our client in addition to the workers comp settlement of his case.
$975,000Aviation Death Settlement
A husband and father of two small children was killed in an aviation accident involving a small aircraft. Our firm represented the widow and two children against the pilot of the aircraft. By hiring experts in aviation (to prove negligence) and economists (to prove damages), and utilizing William Green’s expertise as an instrument-rated pilot, we were able to make a very powerful case and obtain a very favorable settlement that allowed the family to survive financially.
A construction supervisor went to pick up some materials for a construction job. A worker at the yard neglected to set the parking brake on a piece of heavy equipment a few yards away. While the construction supervisor had his back turned, the machine rolled into him, pinning him against the side of his pick-up truck. He suffered several broken ribs, but that was the least of his injuries. Within several weeks of the accident, he had partially lost his sight. By working with medical experts, our firm was able to directly connect the sight loss to the injuries caused by the machine that rolled into our client. The case settled at Mediation without any need for a trial.
Words of Praise from Our Clients
“Such amazing and professional attorneys. I would (and have) highly recommend Bill Green to anyone who needs a professional and classy individual for representation. I was self represented for a year and a half, and the opposing attorney was just disrespectful, and unprofessional with her personal opinions which spun the case out of control. Bill has the right attitude and level headed legal knowledge to assert whats wrong and bring justice where it is needed. My case is very much on the right track because of Bill.”- amy w
“Bill Green taking my case was life changing, I truly do not know what I would have done had I not retained his services. It was not easy finding a competent lawyer such as Bill in this field. Bill and his team are incredibly caring, ethical and kind, that is not easy to find these days. When Bill or a member of his team say they will do something, it gets done. Bill and team are always patient and make time for me. What stands out the most is Bill’s expertise, professionalism, knowledge and concern for his clients best interest. With his calm and approachable demeanor, genuine caring personality, I always feel I can contact him. Bill is an incredibly competent lawyer and a true gem. I would (and have) highly recommend Bill Green to anyone needing representation.”- staci g
“Delfino Green & Green handled my disability case in the San Francisco Bay Area and I recommend them highly. Bill Green was thorough in evaluating my case and explaining the issues to me. I felt they were a strong advocate and were attentive and concerned with protecting my best interests. They kept me up to date and communicated well. I am a physician and was referred to them by another physician so they can be called ‘the doctors’ lawyer.’”- Kenneth F
“The attorneys here are simultaneously the most competent and the most willing to go above and beyond for their clients in the areas of law they practice. The attorneys here are extremely competent, and the attorneys at this law firm have inspired me to practice law not for money nor personal glory, but for simply making a positive impact on people’s lives and on society, especially for individuals who have been wrongly treated. This firm embodies every attribute that an ideal attorney should carry in their careers. From tenacity to compassion and going above and beyond for the sake of their clients, you’re truly in the best hands if your case is lucky enough to be accepted by these high level attorneys.”- daniel c
Request Your Free Consultation Now
Get the firm legal guidance you need with Delfino Green & Green