- Check for injuries: If anyone’s injured, call 911 immediately. Do not move anyone who is seriously injured unless they are in danger.
- Move to a safe location: If the crash happened on a busy street, move your vehicle to the side of the road or to a nearby parking lot. This will help prevent further accidents and keep you and others out of danger.
- Call the police: Even if the accident was minor, it is very important to call the police. They will help document the accident and provide a report that may be needed for insurance or litigation purposes.
- Exchange information: Gather the names, phone numbers, and insurance information of the other parties. Be sure to get the make, model, and license plate number of their vehicles.
- Document the scene: If you’re able, use your cell phone to take photos of the damage to all vehicles involved, as well as any visible injuries. Also, make note of the location, time, and any other details of the accident.
- Notify your insurance company: It is important to notify your own insurance company as soon as possible. Ask them to guide you through the process of filing a claim and getting your vehicle repaired.
- Seek medical attention: Even if you don’t think you were injured, it’s important to see a doctor after an accident. Some injuries, such as whiplash or a concussion, may not be immediately apparent.
- Keep a record: Keep a record of all medical bills, repair estimates, and any other documentation related to the accident. This will be helpful when filing a claim with your insurance company.
- Be cautious of scammers: After an accident, be wary of anyone who approaches you claiming to be from an insurance company or offering to repair your vehicle. Always verify their identity and do your research before agreeing to anything.
- Seek legal counsel: If you were injured in the accident or believe the other party was at fault, it may be beneficial to speak with a lawyer. They can help you navigate the legal process and ensure you receive fair compensation.
February 26, 2023
“Surviving a Car Accident: The Top 10 Things to Do”
After a car accident, it’s important to make sure you and anyone else involved in the crash are safe. Here are the 10 most important things to do:
Request Your Free Consultation Now
Get the firm legal guidance you need with Delfino Green & Green