Concussion & Brain Injury Lawyer suisun city
over three decades of legal experience
Over $100M Recovered for our clients
Extensive Jury Trial Experience
As top personal injury lawyers in suisun city, we’ve been fighting for brain injury victims in suisun city for decades. If you suffered serious injuries in an accident caused by someone else, you may be eligible for compensation. Contact us online to schedule a free consultation. There’s a reason that people instinctively cover their heads during collisions: No organ is more important than the brain. The brain is our most precious bodily asset, which is why traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are so devastating to endure and to witness. Unlike most physical injuries, TBIs can affect an injury victim’s very personhood. At Delfino, Green & Green, we know the devastating impact these injuries have on a person’s life and how expensive they are to treat. That’s why we do everything in our power to help TBI victims get the compensation they deserve. If you were the victim of a brain injury accident, you could have a long road of recovery ahead. Luckily, our experienced traumatic brain injury attorneys may be able to secure the compensation you need to recover. Keep reading to learn more about TBIs and how victims of brain injuries can take back control over their lives. Injury victims shouldn’t have to pay the price for someone else’s negligence, but they often do. If you’ve suffered a serious injury caused by someone else, we want to hear from you. Give us a call at (415) 442-4646 and start protecting your future today.
Traumatic Brain Injuries in suisun city (TBIs): Everything You Need to KnowIn the simplest terms, a TBI is an injury that affects how the brain works, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). It is most often caused by a bump, blow or jolt to the head, but it can also result from a penetrating injury, such as from a gunshot. Data shows that in 2020, there were more than 64,000 TBI-related deaths in the U.S.—about 176 every day. Although anyone can experience a TBI, certain groups of people are more likely to suffer from them, including racial and ethnic minorities, houseless people, service members and veterans, people who are imprisoned, people living in rural areas and victims of domestic abuse.
Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries suisun cityThe CDC divides TBIs into three categories: mild TBIs or concussions, moderate TBIs and severe TBIs. Most TBIs that occur each year fall into the category of mild TBI or concussion, but don’t let the name fool you—these injuries are serious. Without treatment, they can result in ongoing problems with memory, concentration and headaches, as well as physical problems, such as being unable to keep one’s balance. Both moderate and severe TBIs can result in lifelong health problems that affect every area of a person’s life. These injuries not only impact the person, but their family and society at large. In fact, the CDC estimated the lifetime economic cost of TBIs in 2010 to be approximately $76.5 billion.
Common Causes of Brain InjuriesMost concussions and TBIs result from a blow to the head that causes the brain to slam against the interior skull walls. However, they can also be caused by penetrating blows in which an object fractures the skull and damages the brain. The four most common causes of brain damage and head traumas are as follows:
- Falls, which account for approximately half of all TBI-related hospitalizations
- Firearm-related suicide, the most common cause of TBI-related deaths in the U.S.
- Auto accidents (car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents and other motor vehicle accidents)
Symptoms of Brain InjuriesUnlike many physical injuries, TBIs can cause an array of symptoms, including cognitive, behavioural, physical and sensory effects. Some symptoms appear immediately after the event, while others appear days or weeks later.
Mild TBI or Concussion SymptomsPeople who experience a mild TBI or concussion can experience a wide variety of symptoms, including the following:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Fatigue and drowsiness
- Dizziness, blurred vision, ringing in the ears
- Loss of smell
- Sensitivity to light and sound
- Brief loss of consciousness
- A state of being dazed, confused or disoriented
- Memory loss
- Concentration problems
- Mood swings
- Depression and anxiety
- Difficulty sleeping or sleeping more than usual
Moderate or Severe TBI SymptomsModerate and severe TBIs can cause physical injuries like bruising, tearing and bleeding to the brain and are more likely to result in long-term health effects than concussions. Their symptoms include those of mild TBIs and concussions, in addition to the following:
- Loss of consciousness for several minutes or hours
- Chronic or worsening headache
- Persistent vomiting and nausea
- Seizures and convulsions
- Dilation of one or both pupils
- Tingling or numbness in the fingers or toes
- Clear drainage from the nose or ears
- Loss of coordination and physical impairment
- Inability to wake up from sleep
- Profound confusion
- Agitation and aggression
- Slurred speech
- Coma and other consciousness disorders
Children’s TBI SymptomsTBIs present a special danger to children, especially ones who are too young to communicate their symptoms. A child or infant who has suffered a brain injury may present with the following:
- Increased irritability
- Change in eating or nursing habits
- Persistent crying
- Change in concentration or sleeping habits
- Sad or depressed mood, loss of interest in favorite toys
- Unusual drowsiness
Get In TouchIf you are interested in learning more about how our highly esteemed firm can help, contact us online or call us at 415-442-4646.
How Do Hospitals Treat Traumatic Brain Injuries?As with most injuries, the treatment for a TBI depends on its severity. To determine the severity of the injury, an emergency room physician may order a computerized tomography (CT) scan. The CT scan uses a series of x-rays to generate a detailed image of the brain to reveal fractures, bleeding, blood clots, bruising and swelling. After a patient is stabilized, a physician may also order magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to see a more detailed image of the brain. Whereas mild TBIs and concussions can generally be treated at home, moderate and severe TBIs often require more substantial treatment, including the following:
- Immediate emergency care. This may include monitoring oxygen levels, blood supply and blood pressure. Emergency care may also encompass the treatment of other injuries sustained at the time of the TBI.
- Medications. A physician may order drugs to help limit secondary damage to the brain, including anti-seizure drugs, coma-inducing drugs and diuretics.
- Surgery. After serious injuries, patients may require surgery to minimize additional damage to the brain. These surgeries can include operations to remove blood clots, stop the bleeding, repair skull fractures or relieve pressure inside the skull.
- Rehabilitation. People who’ve suffered serious brain injuries may require rehabilitation to relearn basic skills like walking or talking. Their rehabilitation specialists may include a physiatrist, occupational therapist, physical therapist, speech therapist, neuropsychologist, social worker, rehabilitation nurse, TBI nurse specialist, recreational therapist or vocational counselor.
Why Hire a Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer?Accident victims who sustain serious TBIs often have a long, hard road to recovery. Depending on their specific situation, they could be facing surgeries, years of rehabilitation, hospitalization, permanent disability, medical debt, lost wages and more. One of the best ways to protect their future is by hiring a brain injury lawyer. Filing a lawsuit can’t undo the damage that’s been done, but it can alleviate some of the financial worries that many accident victims face. An experienced brain injury attorney in suisun city may be able to secure the compensation they need to recover.
Types of Compensation You Can ReceiveWhen you decide to file a brain injury lawsuit, you’ll need to calculate your losses to determine the settlement amount. An experienced brain injury attorney may be able to help you get compensation for the following:
- Medical bills and debt
- Future medical expenses and therapies
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Disability and disfigurement
- Loss of quality of life
Delfino, Green & Green: Top Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers in suisun cityTBIs are among the worst types of injuries a person can endure. They can cause a wide range of health problems, including cognitive, emotional, behavioral and physical issues. Even in brain injury cases where recovery is possible, it may require years of treatment and extensive therapy. And who foots the bill? It could be the injury victim if they don’t seek legal representation. At Delfino, Green & Green, we want brain injury victims to know that they don’t have to pick up the pieces of their lives alone. As top brain injury lawyers in suisun city, we know how to secure the compensation that our clients need to recover and live with dignity. Ready to protect your future? Give us a call at (415) 442-4646 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation with our compassionate legal experts. No upfront costs, no hidden expenses—just a free case evaluation with some of the best legal minds in the field.
Don't wait to get started on your case
If you or someone you love has been injured, had your rights as an employee violated, or had your valid disability claim denied, please contact Delfino Green & Green. Call one of our San Francisco ERISA lawyers at (415) 466-8544 or contact us online to learn more about how we can help you today.Contact us now
Request Your Free Consultation Now
Get the firm legal guidance you need with Delfino Green & Green